Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moving Past You & Getting to Me

I've been wrecking my brain for quite some time now trying to figure out how to help myself as much as I help others. I actually enjoy being there for others but when I look around I find it hard to see who's there for me. So as I reflect maybe there's a slight fear of "failure, disappointment, or even making the commitment to myself." It's not always that easy to be able to pinpoint or even have a desire to change things about yourself. So I've decided to do the next best thing, find a "LIFE COACH." I have a problem though, are they going to be there for me because it's their job, because I may have to pay them for their services, or has God given them the same spirit he's given me to be able to listen and help others devise a plan of action and success? The jury is still out on these questions.

So I was speaking to a close friend the other day and we were discussing ideas for her business and I got really excited and the ideas were just flowing. You see I get so excited and think that people should jump when I say jump. I did more research and came up with even more ideas for "her" business. I've actually done this several times for others and for the life of me I can't understand how it comes so easy for me to help others develop their dreams but when it comes to my personal goals and dreams all creativity ceases.

As I'm typing this my mind is all over the place too. Different thoughts of business ventures, classes I want to take, and organizations I want to join to better myself. So who's responsible for motivating the motivator??? It gets very difficult at times. I've heard people describe me as outgoing, driven, determined, tenacious, dedicated, and of all words "committed." So the idea crossed my mind to move past others and focus on me. My mom would probably say that I'm always focused on me but I know that's not true. I don't anyone would say that I was selfish person without follow up with a chuckle and a "yeah right!"

How do I make the transition smoothly without hurting others? How do I still honor the gift that God has given me to have so much compassion for others but still have enough compassion for myself? How do I shut out all the other things going on around me to focus only on me and the things that it will take to help get me to the next level? If someone asked me all these questions I could probably help them devise a plan of action but since it's for me I'm at a lost for words.

Starting today I'll create a list of goals. I'll give these goals deadlines. I'll devise my own "Plan of Action." I'll take all the necessary steps for me to reach total happiness since I'm the Captain of my Fate and the Master of my Soul. It's only fair, right? Once I've done that then I can find time to be more helpful to others and to continue to a servant of God's will. Today I'm taking my own advise. Let's Get It! #TEAM FINER THINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment